About Waihi Lodge
Waihi Lodge care centre is a community-owned 19-bed aged residential care facility, located in the heart of Geraldine offering Rest Home level care, carer support respite care and both short and long-term private rest-home level care. Waihi Lodge is well known for its homely atmosphere and the excellent care provided by a team of caring and friendly staff.
Person-Centred care plans
Waihi Lodge Care Centre provides a high ratio of staff to residents which means we are able to implement personalised care for every resident. A care plan is developed that is based on a thorough assessment of your needs. It covers many different aspects of your care (including if you like cream on your dessert). It details your medical history, risk factors for falls, relationships, your culture and spirituality and how you manage activities of daily living for example.
Care plans are developed with you and your family and each plan is closely monitored by the registered nurses. Caregivers read the care plan which guides them in caring for you and plans are reviewed each 6 months, in consultation with you and your family- or more often if necessary.
- Regular activities are scheduled each day
- Activities focus on physical, intellectual, psychosocial, cultural, emotional needs
- The activity program is designed to provide activities that are meaningful to residents, and adapted to the needs of the individual.
- Activities include word games and puzzles, card games, physical exercises with weights, walking outside as a group, van outings- going to places of interest with a picnic, housie, indoor bowls, movie afternoon on a wet day,
- Special occasion activities include celebrating events throughout the year such as Christmas and Easter, with visits from school children.
- Traditions are celebrated- birthday cake on your birthday...fish and chips in paper watching the Melbourne Cup, ‘Christmas in July’ get together, ‘Spring Fling’ afternoon tea with family and community members
- Joy rides in the Geraldine community with Cycling without Age. Check out some photos on our Facebook page
Serviced Apartment Living
- Exercise Programme
- Van trips and Mystery drives
- Games and quizzes
- Word games
- Live music and entertainment
- Church services form different denominations
- Preparing fresh veggies from the garden
- Baking for events
|Approximate number of beds at this level of care||19|
|Long term vacancy||Yes|
|Short term vacancy||Yes|
|Please inquire availability. Often a private holiday bed available. Can provide private short-term care following discharge from hospital.|
|Impending vacancy||Yes - From 4th Jan|